20 November 2010

Nutty for Nutella

Last weekend when H.M. and I went to Eastern Market, we decided to mix it up a bit. The fog was just starting to clear as our friend Kenny came over to join us on our weekly adventure. Just as the sun began to clear away the fog, he was able to grab a shot or two.


You can see more of his work here. He does amazing work! For Halloween I dressed up as his twin in what I consider to be his Standard Issue.


But I digress...

Before heading home, we stopped in Rocky's for some snacks. Kenny picked up some Baba Ganoush and sun-dried tomato Crostini while I decide to finally buy Nutella. If you have not yet had the pleasure of experiencing Nutella, it is beautiful spread that combines hazelnut and milk chocolate. Pricer than Jif, I think it is totally worth it, especially after what I whipped up on Wednesday!

I made Hazelnut Croissants in the morning before work with a cylinder of ready made croissant dough, Nutella and a couple spices I found in the cupboard. First, I preheated the oven to 325 as directed on the packaging. After popping open the cylinder (my favorite part!) and unrolling the croissants, I spread the Nutella over each triangle and sprinkled some Cardamom, Cinnamon and Cloves on top. Then I rolled them up and put those bad boys in the oven for 10 minutes. While I waited for them to cool, I decided to go dry my hair.

That was my mistake.




Next thing I know H.M. was not only awake, but had already eaten 3! Luckily, I was able to snag some in a baggie to eat with my coffee once I got to work. They still tasted like heaven the next day! I don't know how they would have tasted on Day 3 though because by then, they were all gone!

I think next time I will try them with crushed walnuts inside too! Do you have a favorite morning pastry? Do you make it yourself or pick it up?

No comments:

Post a Comment