18 November 2010

The Balancing Act

I don't know about you, but I am entirely ready for Thanksgiving! I would venture to say that it is my favorite holiday of all. It combines a lot of my favorites: Fall, Food and Family!

Sorry. I am a total cheeseball!

As I write this, I am counting the days until I get to eat yummy Thanksgiving treats, visit both my and H.M.'s families and not have to worry about work or school for a few days. I would make a paper chain, but considering I will not be home this weekend it hardly seems worth it.

Side story: Before I left for India, H.M. made a paper chain to count down the days until I got home and when he picked me up from the airport, he gave me the last piece. I still have that piece.






 I will be the first person to admit to being awkward, but I am going to have to work on this pidgeon-toed stance I have going on! We'll see how long that lasts!



On Wednesday I dontated blood and in return, my work gave us Panera gift cards and a set of stemless wine glasses! I was going to donate any way, but I suppose it is rather nice of my work to provide incentives to help save lives for those who need a little extra coaxing (apparently not all people like to give blood?!).


And lastly, I leave you with a toast to the beginning of a great weekend! Here, I have the beginnings of a Whiskey Sour...Yum! And yes, I am cheating and using a mixer...it's been quite a week!



P.S. Believe it or not, I will have posts up this weekend while I am at my girlfriends exhibit in Mt. Pleasant. Hope it's a great one!

1 comment:

  1. I really like the outfit with the belted cardigan and scarf. Looks great.
    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete