14 November 2010

...And Then I Don't Feel so Bad!

Hello friends!

Tonight I am going to make it short and sweet as it is getting pretty late on this lovely, cloudy Sunday. But first, Day 7!


Thank you to everyone who has fallen in love with our record collection (and lovely blue wall) - we actually still listen to the 45's on the wall so it is a double bonus!

As far as an outfit post for today, I needed to work on my car a bit today in preparation for my trip to Mt. Pleasant at the end of this week so I decided that I would "skip" today. I only use parentheses because technically I got a little overzealous and started remixing on Saturday so I have been a day ahead of everyone. And that was driving me a little crazy. So this is what I wore today and a quick overview of my favorite things that just so happen to make an appearance!



a. Bruce the Moose: However silly, this stuffed animal has always been the perfect pillow or just flat out snuggle buddy. He never complains about being little spoon or if I am hogging all of the covers!

b. Steamer trunk: My favorite thrift store find! I discovered this when I was in Fowlerville visiting family and used it as a coffee table in my first apartment and now a bedside table. I think it adds character and is great for hiding extra blankets for impromptu sleepovers.

c. The Clash Tee: This is actually H.M.'s shirt. He was the one that really got my into The Clash and Joe Strummer (who I adore) so I took it upon myself to make it my own and incorporate it it my wardrobe...although I did decide to leave it out of my remix this time...

d. Adelaide: I rescued her from an animal rescue group who were participating in an event at the Detroit Zoo for "Meet Your New Best Friend Day". H.M. and I originally went with a friend who was looking for a dog to adopt and we had to come back the next day because I just couldn't leave without her!

e. Elephant Comforter: I bought this at Dilli Haat when I was working in India. I loved going to the marketplace and bargaining with the different stall owners. Elephants are one of my favorite animals and it reminds me of all the good times and good friends I had while in India.

Ok. Well that turned out longer than I expected (Surprise!). I hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment