06 November 2010

Friday Night Frenzy

Sorry for the recent radio silence - this week has been chock full of homework, work and not enough sleep! Which lucky for me, I realized we had a few forgotten bell peppers in the fridge along with a container of leftover rice and decided to make Spanish Rice Stuffed Peppers! They are one of my easy grab-whatever-is-left-in-the-fridge meals and even though it is not the same every time (hence the lack of a recipe) it is virtually foolproof!
After cleaning out the peppers, I put them in the oven at 350 for 10 minutes while I threw together some shredded cheddar and pepper jack cheese, the remainders of El Paso salsa, the rice and a handful of diced up onions. I pulled the peppers out of the oven, filled them with the "Spanish rice" and threw (or lightly slid) them back into the oven for another 10 minutes. I ended up putting another pinch of cheese (yum!) on the top for an additional minute and then presented it with a side of blue corn chips from our local grocery store, La Colmena. Ta-da!

With dinner made, I had the rest of the evening to catch up on some of my favorite blogs, which led me to Kendi's from Kendi Everday post on the 30 for 30 Remix Challenge...which in a moment of weakness, I signed myself (and the blog) up for! Luckily for me, H.M. had done about 3 weeks worth of laundry before I came home so I had quite the selection to choose from.

The idea is that you get to pick 30 articles (or less) comprised of both clothing and shoes that over the course of 30 days you must mix and match into 30 different outfits. Because I can admit that with my work environment being pretty flexible with my wardrobe and wanting to be comfy while enduring the last few hours of the day in class, I often times fall back on my jeans, t-shirt and hoodie. I am not going to part with my jeans, but this will make me reconsider the different ways I can wear my clothes. Hopefully it will also cut down on the time it takes me to get ready and the number of outfits I try one before I get out the door. And save some monies too! Did I mention no clothes or accessories buying?! All the more monies for holiday gift giving, I suppose!

And here is what I will be working with:



Tan brogues
Pink ballet flats
Suede knee-high boots

Skinny jeans
High-waisted black cropped pants

White tank top
Blue and white striped 3/4 length shirt
White with black striped dolman sleeved shirt
Black turtle neck
Grey V-Neck tee
Teal flowered V-Neck T

Black bat wing sweater
Forest green cardigan
Beige boyfriend sweater

Flower-print mini
A-line jean skirt
Black dress
Strapless cotton dress
Polka dot dress
Blue and white button-down

Phew! I feel like I am all packed up and ready to go...on an amazing 30 day adventure! This is the perfect way to get me into the groove of finding new ways for my [old] clothes :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment