12 December 2010

Seven Things

Unfortunately for me, along with the first real snow (that stuck) in Michigan, came quite the stinkybummer of a cold that had me down for the count form the week. Now that I am feeling better and have caught up on reading everyone else's blog, I thought I'd jump back in with seven things about myself (an opportunity from a fellow blogger and remixer, Dotty).

1. One of my favorite words to use is stinkybummer. It is from a Judy Blume(?) book and has nothing to do with stinky butts, just unfortunate circumstances.
2. Until this year, I had been cutting my own hair since 2005. This was economical, but often times disastrous.
3. My arms bend backward at the elbow and apparently, people find it offensive.
4. I live next door to one of our senators, Carl Levin. He is a sweetheart!
5. I cannot play a musical instrument to save my life, nor can I bake a cake. I can really only handle cookies and sing the occasional tune, other than that, count me out.
6. I too, am an IKEA addict. I will go any place, any time, with anyone. In August, they actually have a shuttle that comes to Campus Martius to bring you to the IKEA in Canton. Loooove it!
7. Mexican Fiesta is my all time favorite restaurant. The one in Dearborn is my favorite out of the two, mainly because I've know most of the waitstaff my whole life.

Here are some cookies I made this weekend at my Grama's. The cookies were pre-made and it was our job to decorate them. I prefer to make them as pretty as possible. H.M. prefers to get my siblings and cousin in on having a "Ugly Cookie Contest" which sometimes involves smearing or sandwiching my cookies. Gotta love 'em!

 My Red-Hot Christmas tree cookie.


This year, prior to the Ugly Cookie Contest, he decided to dabble in what he called watercolor cookies. And he ate those ones because they did not have enough frosting on them (and quite frankly, no one wanted his man-handled cookies).


All together now!

Do you decorate cookies? Do you keep them yourself or do you give them out as gifts?

Hope you had a great week!

2 comments:

  1. Do you get to influence any policy through your neighbor? I've never known a real, live senator. That's pretty neat!

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish! Seeing him and his wife for the first time made be feel a little awkward because I tend to have a lot of insert-foot-in-mouth moments, but they are very well-grounded and easy to talk to :o)

    ReplyDelete