05 December 2010

Before You Hit the Hay...

Oh, Hi. So nice to see you again, and so soon! Before I retire to Snugglesville with H.M. and Adelaide, I thought I should share my recipe for a most special cold weather nightcap. Formally known as a Hot Toddy, this cup of warm goodness has helped me through many a good night of sniffles, sore throats and cold toesies.

Ingredients:

Hot water
Slice of lemon
Tbsp. sugar
Shot of whiskey
Decaffeinated Chai tea (or other tea flavor, I like Chamomile and Black tea too!)

1. Pour a shot of whiskey in your mug.
2. Squeeze the slice of lemon into your mug and then drop in mug.
3. Add sugar.
4. Pour hot water into mug and stir.
5. Add tea bag and let steep for 5 minutes (more or less depending on how strong you like your tea and how much you want to taste the whiskey).
6. Enjoy!

 

This is an alternative to the traditional Hot Toddy (I'm sure my professors would cringe if they saw my Wiki citation), but nontheless my version does the trick, and is rather tasty, if I do say so myself.

Sweet dreams!

4 comments:

  1. My man has been making his variation of the Hot Toddy a lot recently. I'll have to share this with him. I think it is pretty similar, though.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. im so glad you put this up bc i wanted the recipe :D

    go to my blog too!! :D yay!! i finally have time to update it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I showed my man...he uses a cinnamon stick instead of lemon.

    The Auspicious Life

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ahh yes, cinnamon! I normally don't have cinnamon sticks in the house, but I will have to give that a try :o)

    ReplyDelete