24 October 2010

Pumpkin Party

Autumn is by far my favorite time of year. It means football, cool breezes, lots of layers and going to the cider mill! To be honest, I've been cheating on the cider mill now that we live in Detroit by making sure I pick up cider, donuts and a crisp basket of apples from the vendors at Eastern Market every weekend...I mean, those cinnamon sugar donuts are to die for, aren't they?!


This year, we decided that instead of going to the Detroit Fall Beer Festival, we would go to 3 Cedars Farm in Northville with some of my friends from high school. I forgot how drastically the scenery chagnes driving west on 6 Mile Road, especially once you go through Salem Township; it feels like you went straight from Suburbia to a small town up north!

Lucky for us, the rain held out and we only got a few sprinkles by the time we had found our pumpkins! We headed back to my friends house to carve pumpkins and there was quite the competition when it came to carving. I opted for a more traditional, no template needed Cat-O-Lantern, which is hard to tell compared to everyone else's designs (until I put a candle in it!). I can't decide which one I like the best, although let it be noted, the zombie pumpkin was made by a first-time pumpkin carver!





Hooray for Fall! Hooray for Friends!


Hope you had a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment